Homeowners and designers alike agree that the kitchen is the primary hub of the home. Parents and their children, family and friends all have a tendency to gravitate to the kitchen, so it’s important to make the most-frequented room in the house as beautiful, functional and comfortable as possible. Research shows that people spend more waking hours in the kitchen than any other room in the house. The central gathering spot should be functional and beautiful, and homeowners who take steps to remodel their kitchen often ask themselves why they didn’t do it sooner.
Embarking on a Kitchen Remodel
Hiring a professional kitchen designer in Utica doesn’t mean the homeowner must give up control of the re-imagined kitchen. It simply means putting the dreamed-of kitchen in the hands of an experienced firm with professionals who can make the homeowner’s dreams come true in the most efficient manner. Kitchen designers have an arsenal of kitchen remodeling ideas they can share with their clients as they work together to map out the best possible outcome from the kitchen remodel project.
Professional Guidance on the Critical Aspects of the Kitchen Remodel
- Product and Material Suggestions – Because they are experienced and are familiar with the most up-to-date products and materials, professional kitchen designers can make recommendations based on the homeowner’s wants and needs. Not only will the kitchen designers help with kitchen remodeling ideas, they have knowledge about the vast array of choices that will beautify the kitchen. Kitchen designers can also help homeowners choose the most functional and durable products and materials so the kitchen will stand the test of time.
- Layout and Design Suggestions – Making the best use of available space and/or changing the footprint of the kitchen is something the professional kitchen designer can tackle and eliminate the sheer hassle of coming up with this important facet to a kitchen remodel. Due to their experience and familiarity of traffic patterns in daily living, the kitchen design professional can help with recommendations for new configurations such as repositioning workstations, adding or re-doing an island, re-building overhead storage solutions, changing the height of the counters, or any number of life-changing revisions in layout for the best possible kitchen remodel that homeowners will love.
- Creation of Kitchen Layout and Blueprint – Seasoned kitchen designers will come up with a visual point of reference for the homeowner so the re-imagined kitchen can be seen on paper, and plans can flow accordingly to guide the project from start to finish. Because they have access to advanced technology and tools to aid in the process, kitchen design professionals can make recommendations based on their insights and knowledge from former remodels they’ve handled.
- Measurements of the Existing Kitchen – Kitchen designers have the right tools and training to properly measure the kitchen to maximize optimum use of the space available, and/or recommend any revisions, additions, or reconfigurations. Proper measurements will ensure a smooth remodel when it comes to the layout, appliances, and materials.
- Making it All Come Together – Companies that handle both the design and build phases of the kitchen remodel are the best choice when embarking on a remodeled kitchen because they are all “under one roof” and the communication flows smoothly between the designer, the installers, and the customer every single step of the way.
Inspiration for the Perfect Kitchen Remodel
Exploring inspiring kitchen remodel ideas that will drastically make the kitchen more efficient, functional, and appealing is advisable for anyone desiring to take on a remodel project for their kitchen.
Making notes, keeping magazine clippings, and developing an idea storyboard or Pinterest board are all great ways for the homeowner to collect possibilities as they envision their optimum kitchen that they will enjoy for years to come.
A kitchen remodel is usually a lot more complex than other room remodels, because plumbing, electrical, and sometimes gas lines all come into play. In addition, appliances, fixtures, lighting, and work/storage spots all are factored into the kitchen remodel. Hiring a professional company that employs kitchen designers and installers is the best way for the customer to ensure the remodel goes as planned with no mistakes or surprises. A professional kitchen designer can actually save their clients money on the total remodel cost due to their experience and knowledge of what works and what doesn’t. No costly mistakes or “whoops” situations are present when working with a kitchen design professional.
Getting the most use out of space in the kitchen is a common goal for homeowners in Utica. Having a kitchen designer with top-notch experience map out the way the kitchen can be the most efficient for the family’s daily use is a notable advantage. Improved functionality not only helps get dinner on the table faster, it also aids in storing food, dishes, and other equipment in the kitchen in the best possible manner, and leads to a more comfortable living space.
How to Choose a Kitchen Remodeling Company
Firms that handle both the design and build phases are preferable, and companies that have stood the test of time help ensure the kitchen remodel will end up satisfactorily. Work with a professional in Utica that has references, and that has years of experience in the business. When customers choose a reputable kitchen designer, they have the added advantage of a relationship that has two-way communication every step of the way. Seasoned kitchen designers are masters at keeping the customer informed throughout the project, listening, conversing, and asking and answering questions to really understand the customer’s needs, wants, and any concerns they may encounter along the way.
How Does the Family Function When the Kitchen is Undergoing a Remodel?
Some families eat out the entire time, and some figure out a different location in the home where they can prepare and serve meals. Regardless of which route people take, using a tried and true design and build company helps in having the project completed on time, so the period of not being able to utilize the kitchen is minimized for the client.
Thinking of re-doing the kitchen and actually taking the plunge to go for it takes some reassurance. But since the kitchen is such an integral congregating spot in the home, families who have gone through with a kitchen remodel to enhance their lives and hang out in a more beautiful space comment time and again that they wish they’d remodeled the kitchen sooner. The satisfaction is immeasurable, and should the house ever go on the market, the remodeled kitchen is a huge advantage. Stop thinking about the kitchen remodel and take steps to make it happen. Chances are there will be no regrets.