Homeowners spend more time in their kitchen than any other room of the house. Whether it be daily living, getting breakfast ready before kids get to school or parents leave for work, a busy dinnertime, homework right at the kitchen table, or entertaining friends and family for gatherings, everyone can agree that the kitchen is the focal point of anyone’s home, and redoing it can not only add value to the home, but make daily life more enjoyable and efficient.
What are the Benefits of a Kitchen Remodel?
- Increase the Value of the Home – Kitchens that have never been updated or that have a bad layout or traffic pattern simply don’t attract potential homebuyers. Going through a kitchen remodel will not only improve the home’s value, it will also create a more functional and enjoyable space for the family.
- Traffic Flow – Kitchen designers in Royal Oak work with their clients to get a realistic idea for the highest traffic areas in the kitchen, the most frequently used appliances, and the spots that need improvement for optimum use during food preparation or storage.
- Optimize Storage Space – Kitchen Designers in Royal Oak frequently encounter kitchens that simply don’t have enough space for storage. Modernizing the kitchen and using a reputable kitchen designer are critical when searching for the most efficient use of the space available.
- Conserve Energy – Replacing old kitchen appliances with energy-efficient options will improve energy consumption, and that saves money. The choices available in new, smart appliances is unending, and using a kitchen remodeler in Royal Oak who can familiarize the customer with all the options available is definitely the best route to take.
- A Safe Kitchen is a Happy Kitchen – Hanging onto old appliances can seem like a good idea, but in the long run, it can be a bad decision due to wiring that isn’t mapped out for today’s high energy consumption. Newer appliances are designed with adequate construction to handle more electricity without skimping on safety.
- Clutter-Free Kitchen – The types of cabinets and vanities on the market today are truly revolutionary. If homeowners want to avoid a cluttered look on the countertop, an appliance garage is the perfect way to hide the toaster, blender, electric can opener, etc. New methods available on the cabinet market today include different door opening options, adding inside shelving within the garage, or having the garage door slide right to left. Kitchen remodeling professionals will suggest such surprising ways to add clutter-free methods into new kitchen cabinet renovation that homeowners are stunned at the variety of options available. Pull-out trash and recycling bins, pull-out shelves, pull-out utensil bins, blind corner optimizers, spice drawer organizers…the possibilities are endless.
Options To Improve Daily Living in the Kitchen
Many options in custom kitchen cabinetry are available to homeowners, and they can use a kitchen remodeler to help them choose what’s right for them. Kitchen designers in Royal Oak will recommend a variety of options that homeowners simply may not have thought about.
Options such as a dual-tiered cutlery trays will help keep a customer’s flatware in a neat, tidy fashion, eliminating the need to search through the silverware drawer to find what’s needed on a daily basis when busy getting a meal on the table before soccer practice.
A dual-based trash and recycling cabinet is a feature homeowners enjoy immensely. Specially-designed pull-out cabinets keep the trash and recycling bins in place, and when the family needs to either throw away or recycle something, all they have to do is pull the cabinet out, and push it back in for an out-of-sight, hidden solution when not in use.
A dual-tiered organizer for pots, pans, and cookie sheets is the perfect way to keep cooking and baking supplies within comfortable reach. Gone are the days of crawling around on the floor to empty the cabinet to find the right piece of cookware. This type of slide-out organizer with two levels provides extra space, and keeps the pots, pans, and baking sheets neat and organized.
What are Today’s Trends in Countertops?
Quartz, composite, granite, engineered stone, classic butcher block, upscale laminate, elegant marble, timeless soapstone, or stainless steel are all options customers embarking on a remodel can choose. Depending on the desired look and design of the kitchen, a professional kitchen designer in Royal Oak can review options with their clients and evaluate the perfect choice for the family’s desired needs, look, and design.
What are Today’s Trends in Backsplashes?
The backsplash is an area where homeowners can get creative. Several choices such as small glass tiles or tiles that have a shiny appearance are options for homeowners to have a noticeable backsplash that creates interest and brightness. It all depends on the homeowner’s desire for look and feel, and kitchen designers in Royal Oak will walk homeowners through the myriad of choices in backsplash materials that are available.
What are Today’s Trends in Kitchen Lighting?
Canopy light fixtures, zone lighting, chandeliers, spotlights, special feature lighting, showcase lighting, classic rubbed bronze lighting, chic modern centerpiece fixtures, or recessed fixtures are all choices available to the homeowner. The choices can be daunting. Combining one or two of these options can truly make the kitchen stand out from the norm, and can enhance daily living when working or hanging out with friends and family in the kitchen. Kitchen design professionals will walk homeowners through the wide variety of choices available and help determine which suit the needs of the homeowner and their family.
Updating or Remodeling the Epicenter of the Home is a Wise Investment
An updated kitchen not only increases the value of any home, it can add convenience and improve the lives for those living there. With the pulse of the home centering around the kitchen, the decision to update and/or remodel is truly a game changer. Kitchen remodelers in Royal Oak will walk their valued clients through all the planning needed to end up with the best result possible.
Why Didn’t They Do it Sooner?
Most homeowners who embark on a kitchen remodel ask themselves why they did not start the remodeling process sooner. Contact a Royal Oak kitchen remodeler for ideas that can make life more comfortable today.