Anyone eager to know what’s on the horizon for kitchen remodeling trends in 2020 will be glad to discover that some of the top trends in kitchen remodeling in Utica and Royal Oak are also some of the most “timeless” trends.
Quartz countertops seemed to have surged in interest for several years and experts say that their appeal will keep them at the top of the list of key trends in kitchen remodeling in Utica and kitchen remodeling in Royal Oak throughout 2020 as well. There are a number of other popular remodeling ideas that homeowners might want to try, so check out a few more of these upcoming trends.
Other 2020 Trends for Kitchen Remodeling in Royal Oak and Utica
Other hot trends in kitchen remodeling in Utica and Royal Oak include the following:
- Boldly colored cabinetry – While there are always the classic cabinet looks (stained wood, laminates, and country-style panels painted white), one of the top trends for 2020 is boldly colored cabinetry with many shades of blue topping the lists of favorites. Blue cabinets with stainless appliances and a white quartz countertop all marbled with streaks and veins of grey is an eye-catching look, but also one that can be done rather easily and within most budgets. Experts are not limiting these bold colors to blue. Bright red, soothing green, grey and other hues are making appearances more often in modern kitchens.
- Open floor plans – Another of the top trends for 2020 kitchen remodeling in Royal Oak and Utica is to take down unneeded (i.e. non-load bearing) walls and make the kitchen an open space. This could allow a kitchen that once had no room for a dining spot or a combination kitchen island and dining area to enjoy that remarkable bonus feature. It can also allow a kitchen to become part of a great room concept in a remodel.
- Upgraded appliances – In the past, kitchen remodeling might have incorporated an upgrade to stainless appliances or specialized cabinet facings to mask appliances, but one of the key trends for 2020 is the upgrade to “induction cooking” cooktops. These use almost no heat and allow even the tiniest galley-style kitchens to stay cool. The burners go cool almost as soon as they are turned off, and they are easily integrated into any area of the countertop.
- Marble everywhere – While quartz countertops are a timeless trend remaining at the top of the list for 2020 trends in kitchen remodeling in Royal Oak and Utica, marble is also holding a spot on the list. Instead of just using marble for countertops, design teams are using this durable and wildly attractive material as a full counter and backsplash.
- Look up – Accent ceilings are timeless, too. Just look to the pressed tin ceilings so popular at the turn of the twentieth century. However, this trend in kitchen remodeling includes coffers and moldings designed to complement the shape of the room or even the kitchen island below.
- Subway tiles – Whether it was social media or home improvement shows, it is impossible to ignore the ever-increasing popularity of the iconic subway tile backsplash. Clean and capable of being installed by experts in a plain manner or a uniquely patterned layout, this can be grouted with a deep stained color or clean white to suit any sort of kitchen style. These tiles pair well with wood or stone countertops and give a classic look to any kitchen space.
- Integration – As noted earlier, this is another trend experts say is poised to take over in 2020. Integration is simply the use of paneling and built-in cabinets to conceal the less than attractive faces of many kitchen appliances. Whether it is an oversized refrigerator or homely dishwasher, it is possible to integrate appliances seamlessly into the space and keep any kitchen looking clean and smooth.
- All white, all right – It is never easy to do an all-white kitchen effectively. There are lots of style mistakes that a homeowner or designer could make. While it is a timeless look, modern trends for kitchen remodeling in Royal Oak and Utica will see the all-white kitchen done all right by using pops of color and texture. As an example, a very trendy way to remodel to the all-white kitchen is to use wood countertops and a wood-topped island. Industrial-style fixtures and fittings, glass-doored cabinets, subway tile (see above) and lighting that gently illuminates every corner are all elements of the perfectly conceived, all-white kitchen.
- Drawers doing the work of cabinets – Another trend of note for 2020 is the use of extra-deep drawers to do the work of traditional cabinetry. They will work as base cabinetry, but rather than a large door opening into the room, the drawer will open to reveal everything from flatware to pots and pans.
- No upper cabinetry – Another hot trend emerging for 2020 is for a homeowner to do away with upper cabinets in all or most of the kitchen. Lower or base cabinets and some open shelves, or very limited wall-hung cabinetry, is a hot look that maximizes natural light and gives the kitchen a clean and airy aesthetic.
Getting Started with Kitchen Remodeling in Utica and Royal Oak
It can be confusing for homeowners to take a look around at all of the latest trends and choose the right ones. It is a wise idea to always partner with a kitchen remodeling expert in Utica or Royal Oak. They can review the options, the available space, the budget, and the goals of the homeowner in order to design a space that fits all possible needs.
The sky’s the limit these days where kitchen remodeling is concerned, and some of the biggest trends are luckily some of the most timeless kitchen looks. As so many will say, what was old is new, and vice versa. The home with the old school style can have only the most basic remodeling done in order to make a tremendous impact, and if a top to bottom remodel is the goal, there are plenty of great options, choices, styles, and trends emerging in 2020 to ensure the best outcome.